The USPS stands for United States Postal Services, it is an important and substantial group of members contributing towards national development. It is the biggest mailing organization that sends more emails than any other service in the world. Being the biggest company they had so many staff members working for them. To manage their work schedule USPS brought an employee login portal to manage their work known as USPS Liteblue. Every employee can access it on Liteblue.Usps.gov. It is an independent agency founded by the United States Government on 1st July 1971 and completed its 50 years in the field of postal services this year. Even then the company thinks that this is just a start and aims to grow the organization even more.
Having about half a million employees working under it, the USPS needs to be in touch with each and every employee as well to coordinate with them about work. This requires an integrated communication system. USPS came up with a way to communicate with the employees and also to keep a record and help the employees in maintaining track of their work-related ventures in an easy and subtle way. The solution was to create a portal that could help the employees, have a simple user interface, and let them communicate between themselves as well as the authorities.
What is LiteBlue?
The ultimate solution to all these things USPS came up with was a web portal designed especially for the convenience of the employees. In other words, LiteBlue.USPS.gov or often referred to as LiteBlue is an online portal, created exclusively for the United States Postal services employees. This exclusive portal grants access for USPS staff to access the company’s private online intranet network.
The portal has a wide range of employee as well as company-related information that could be accessed by the employees at any time and anywhere by just visiting this portal. This wide range of information involves everything from being able to track the progress in a career at the company, being up to date with all the updates, news, and announcements regarding the company, insurance status, and benefit plans. Apart from this, the verified users or employees registered at LiteBlue will be able to communicate with other employees as well as official authorities regar5ding anything they want to.
Use of LiteBlue
The employees can use this website in multiple ways. The LiteBlue portal was built keeping in mind all the necessary information and facilities n employee might need or want to enquire about. They can view a wide range of employment-related information here and keep a check on their activities as well. Let us have a descriptive look at all the benefits and uses of the official LiteBlue portal:
1. Ability to track career development – The portal provides a piece of clear information about how an employee’s performance has been. Be it over a week, over a month, a year, or even the lifetime progress could be viewed on this official LiteBlue portal of USPS. This help the employee in keeping an eye on their performance and push themselves to work even harder and better.
2. Latest news and activities of the company – It is important to be aware of all the happenings of the organization you are working in. But in between a busy work schedule, it becomes hard to stay up to date. With the LiteBlue portal, it becomes easy and simple to keep a track of the latest happenings in the organization as it is updated really frequently.
3. Viewing current benefit plans – The company provides its employees some benefit plans during their course of work and some even last after the tenure. While some benefits are also performance-dependent. The employees can easily keep a track of these benefits through the LiteBlue portal.
4. Checks insurance status – The employees can keep a check on their insurance status easily through the app.
5. Salary record – With the LiteBlue portal it is now easy for employees to keep a safe record of their salary.
6. Work Schedules – With a proper and systematic format of the site, employees can always be thorough with their working schedule, pending work, and even a record of their overtime.
7. Some other benefits of the LiteBlue portal are –
- Bidding for assignments or routes
- Tracking company pension
- Tracking retirement plans
- And leaving their comments as feedback.
The site provides multilingual alternatives with English, Spanish, and Chinese as available languages to ease the user interface even more since there are so many employees working at USPS with different backgrounds may it be lingual, cultural, or national.
Features of LiteBlue USPS
Before the availability of web-based services, the management of the postal services was something akin to chaos. The network worked manually, starting right from managing resources, funding, postal records, and important matters.
As the organization spreads, even more, its tasks increase, the workforce increase and so increases the lack of coordination and communication if you do not have a solution for it but luckily USPS has one. Handling the world’s largest postal network is not an easy task and therefore the LiteBlue portal was introduced to help the organization in keeping a systematic record of their workforce’s activities. There are various features that the users could avail for better use of the portal and smooth working. Let us have a look at some of these benefits –
1. The LiteBlue portal provides the employees United Postal Services with the access to manage their work, recognition, products, and revenue-related details.
2. It manages the details of the personal directories of the employees.
3. They share specific business functionalities like “PostalOne!”
4. The website shares details regarding specific projects to meet the customer’s needs in time.
5. The information of mail orders and even job tracking could be easily accessed.
6. According to hierarchy levels there is an ease in the flow of data to secure the login credentials and access to the employees portal for management of their accounts.
7. Even other portals like LiteBlue USPS EPayroll, PostalEASE, Business Customer Gateway, USPS Track, and the official USPS.comwebsite.work in sync with the main LiteBlue.USPS.gov services.
What you need to login to LiteBlue?
Every employee must register themselves to the LiteBlue portal in order to make use of it. The process of logging in to the website is an easy one. The Employee ID and USPS Self Service Profile (SSP) password is all that is required. Let us see how an SSP is set up in some simple and easy steps listed below –
Setting Up a USPS SSP
The USPS employees need to set up SSP passwords to access the website. The Self Service Profile (SSP) is an online platform. This online platform is used by the USPS associates to manage their credentials for all USPS Self Services web applications like L PostalEASE LiteBlue, eIdeas, eOPF, and eReassign. When employees are hired in USPS, they receive a letter with a temporary SSP password in the mail, after being hired for about 10-14 days. This password is temporary and this can not be used to login into the LiteBlue website or other
Self Services applications.
Step 1 – The very first step is to visit the site www.ssp.usps.gov and change the tempo password to a permanent one.
Step 2 – The second step is to log in with a temporary password in order to set up a permanent password. It is important to change the password because The temporary USPS SSP password can not be helpful in logging in to the ‘HR Self Service’ service and applications.
Step 3 – Go to the official LiteBlue portal and then click on the “Enter SSP button” clearly given on the page. The Self-Service Profile Login screen will open immediately.
Step 4 – Now what you have to do is enter your Employee Identification Number (EIN) (you can find the Employee Identification Number EIN that is printed at the top of your income statement). Enter all of the 8 digits given, even if the first digit is zero.
Step 5 – Further, enter your temporary Self-Service Password which is printed on the top right corner of the welcome letter which was given to you at the time of joining.
Step 6 – Now, on the next page, change your temporary password by typing in a New Password and then finally confirm your Password. Keep in mind that the new password must contain at least one character from three of the following mentioned categories:
- Numbers: 0-9.
- Alphabet letters: A-Z (upper case).
- Alphabet letters: a-z (lower case).
- Special characters: ! @ $ % ^ * _ + ~
Apart from those listed above, there are no other special characters which are
allowed. Since these passwords are case sensitive, so it is especially advised
that you take good care while entering passwords that contain both upper and
lower case letters and which are easy for you to remember.
-Setup a USPS Employees ID
The USPS employee ID is an eight-digit number, easily found on the top of the
earning statement. The SSP password helps in accessing the Self Services
How to login Liteblue USPS?
Now that you have a verified id as well as a changed password, it is time to log in to the LiteBlue portal. Let us explain to you every step of this logging in process –
Step 1 – Firstly, Visit the official website of LiteBlue portal by USPS from your laptop, PC, or even your mobile phone.
Step 2 – After reaching the site you will find the tab given on the page clearly that says ‘Login’. Click on this tab and wait for the site to redirect.
Step 3 – On the next page you will find two blank spaces where you need to fill in your Employee ID as well as your USPS Password.
Step 4 – As mentioned earlier, your Employee ID is one of a kind distinguishing proof number that you can also find on your compensation content or the character card too.
Step 5 – Now all you need to do is enter your certifications into the spaces and afterward select the “Sign In” option there.
Step 6 – Next you will be asked for a password. Fill in the password that you have newly set. And there you go. After following these steps as they are given you will be successfully logged into the LiteBlue website portal.
Log in problems into USPS:
There are many instances when the employees face an issue while logging into the the account even after following the right procedure. It could be due to one of the reasons mentioned down below –
1. If this happens, they should first check that they have typed in the correct information as needed. Misspelling their employee ID or password can also lead to the login error. If they’ve double checked all the details entered by them, and they are sure that they are correct but still they are facing the same problem, then try log in with some other browser.
2. Some browsers like Opera or Firefox has some compatibility issues with this portal. Even if they are using the older version of the browser, they will face some problems while logging in. Google Chrome or
internet explorer can be useful to log in. Use these browsers for better results. There is no specific browser or device to access this online portal, they can access it through their laptop, mobile or tablet.
3. Liteblue USPS may also be undergoing maintenance. Many times due to some technical issues the website fail s to respond in the correct manner and thus leads to failure in logging in. But it will not lasts long
since as soon as the bugs will get fixed, the employees will be again be able to access their employee profile and make use of the portal.
USPS LiteBlue EPayroll
The LiteBlue USPS EPayroll is a feature of the LiteBlue portal that allows the employees to deal with their expected set of responsibilities, compensation accounts, and advantages. In addition to this, the feature allows the employees to speak with the more elevated level heads and authorities in an organized and
The USPS LiteBlue EPayroll is an application which works for the employee on signing into their record. USPS workers can now with an in an easy manner, access their compensation proclamations through the EPayroll application on their respective devices like Pc, laptop, or even mobile phone. The USPS LiteBlue Epayroll feature is open to all the employees of the US postal offices or USPS and then further they can sign in to their official accounts with their USPS username and password especially set by them.
Advantages of LiteBlue
Such a helpful portal must be having many uncovered benefits. Do not worry. They will not be hidden from you as we are here with a list of these advantages that the official employee portal of United States Postal Services provide. So let us have a look –
1. A common site where all the employees of the United States Postal Services are connected.
2. Provides a quick and easy logging in procedure.
3. The employees can keep an eye on their work schedule and manage it more efficiently. They will not forget any details of the work and will get better with it.
4. The employees can keep a check of their salary record and refer to it whenever required.
5. The employees can keep themselves up to date with the company activities, news, and other announcements as the LiteBlue portal is frequently updated with the latest information.
6. Reviewing their benefits plan is far more easier with the LiteBlue portal and the employees can easily access information regarding it anytime and from any device.